Why invest in property?
Property investment can be daunting, especially if you’re a first-time investor. If you’re contemplating going it alone, prepare yourself for a steep learning curve, plenty of sleepless nights and the potential for big financial losses. Why go solo when Latitude Property is here to help?
We’ve been lending a helping hand to first-time property investors for more than 35 years. We have all the tools, tips, advice and guidance to get you started on the right foot.
Why invest with Latitude Property?
Latitude Property is Australia’s largest privately owned real estate company. We provide a full range of services from buying an investment property through to property management and growing your investment portfolio.
As you move through the investment process you may find you need access to specialised services like solicitors or financial advisors. This is where Latitude Property excels – we work with a network of real estate professionals who are on hand whenever you need them. We can organise everything for you, saving you time and frustration.
We take the financial future of our clients very seriously. Our research-based approach has helped thousands of clients make smart property investment decisions to achieve a secure financial future. How can we help you?
Benefits of investing in property
Investing in property is one of the safest investments you’ll ever make. You can guarantee your success If you do your research, stick to a long-term plan and seek out expert advice.
Need some persuading? Here are five reasons investing in property is a smart decision.
- You don’t need a degree to get started in the property market. Buying your first investment property is simple, especially when you partner with an expert like Latitude Property.
- Lenders love property. Borrowing for residential development is the backbone of our banking industry, so getting finance for your investment property is straightforward.
- You can tailor your property investment to suit your budget. There are many different types of property to choose from, ranging from inner-city apartments to houses in regional areas across Australia. Latitude Property will help you choose the best property for your budget and property investment goals.
- Property investing in Australia means taking advantage of tax breaks and benefits. These may come in the form of negative gearing, capital gains tax and depreciation.
- Investing in property means you are in control, not a stockbroker or financial advisor. What you do with your investment property – whether it be renovating, extending or redeveloping – is in your hands.
The Latitude Property Property Investment Plan
At Latitude Property we are renowned for our knowledge of the Australian property market. We know when and where to invest and we’ve been sharing this knowledge with investors for more than 35 years.
Our proven 3-step real estate investment plan is why we are so popular with investors. It’s also the reason why clients keep coming back. Here’s what we can offer you:
- Attend a free property investment seminar.Our free property investment seminars are the best way to get an introduction to the market or, if you are an experienced investor, to get a refresher. We share the most up-to-date and innovative methods for property investment success and we’ll show you how you can grow your investment property portfolio on any budget.
- Speak to a ParkTrent property consultant.After you attend one of our seminars we will put you in touch with a ParkTrent property specialist. They will be able to provide you with an array of real estate opportunities tailored to your property needs.
- View properties that have been selected for youAfter you have received your plan and met with your investment consultant, we invite you to view the properties or real estate investment plans we’ve found that best suit your needs. If the property is located nearby we can even organise an inspection.
After-sale service and support
Our service doesn’t stop once you’ve purchased your investment property. We’ll introduce you to your Account Manager, who will be on hand to help you grow your investment property portfolio. If you have any questions or comments you can speak to your Account Manager or call our Customer Service Team on 1800 652 224 Monday to Friday from 9am to 8pm EST.
Want to attend one of our investment property seminars? Visit our Seminars page for the most up-to-date list.
Buying off the plan
Buying an apartment off the plan is a common form of property investment. It is attractive to first-time investors because an apartment is generally a cheaper option than a house.
Want the lowdown on why you should purchase off the plan? These are the 5 most important reasons:
- Off the plan properties tend to achieve higher rental return in comparison to older properties.
- Depreciation will be higher for an off the plan apartment than a house of relative value. The higher the depreciation, the less tax you’ll pay.
- You’ll only need to pay a portion upfront as a deposit and the balance upon completion, which can be 18 months or more.
- Maintenance is lower.
- Buying off the plan allows investors to pay a proportion of the stamp duty that is due on the full price. This means extra leverage on your investment.
Buying off the plan is an affordable way to enter the property investment market. It’s an option well worth keeping in mind. Want to know more about buying off the plan?
Property investment for women
Property investment is not just for men. Over the past decade we’ve seen an increase in the number of women choosing property investment as the foundation of their financial future. It’s our mission to ensure that would-be property investors, male or female, receive genuine support and guidance to grow their investment property portfolio.
We’re proud to be a part of investment success stories that feature women as lead characters. Want to create a story of your own? How can we help?
We’re here to help
Are you interested in property investment in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra or Hobart? Are you a first-time investor thinking about making the move into the property market? We can answer any questions you have about property investment opportunities and building your financial future. Call us on or send us an online enquiry.